- 6+ month contract with large department in Woden
- ASAP start
- Role is closing on Wednesday midnight - APPLY NOW!
Our client, a large government department, is currently looking for a VISUAL DESIGNER.
Contract length: initially 6 month + 6 month extension
Location: Woden – working on-site
The Department is seeking an experienced visual designer to be responsible for visualising complex user perspectives and interactions with government systems and processes, through various mediums. They may be required to develop artefacts including service design maps, user journey maps, business process maps, infographics, storyboards and prototypes.
You will be working in Payments Services Program.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that uses ‘Agile’ Program Management methodology - a more nimble and responsive process for managing successful delivery of large scale projects.
You will actively participate in agile team practises like weekly retrospectives, daily stand-ups, weekly showcases and weekly sprint planning.
Requirements and capabilities:
- Knowledge of typography, iconography, colour, space, hierarchy and texture for visual presentations
- Visualisation of complex user perspectives and interactions with government systems and processes through various print mediums
- Development of lightweight web-based design solution prototypes
- Application of knowledge of industry design tools for developing graphic design, desktop publishing, illustration and lightweight prototype products
- Experience creating workow and service maps, as well as creating data visualisations
- Strong graphic design skills to communicate complex business problems
- Working collaboratively within a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary teams environment
- Participating in planning the team’s work
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Possess a demonstrable positive and collaborative attitude
- Desire to learn and to communicate in a collaborative high-performance, self-directed work team
- Ability to embrace and thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to positively contribute to your own and other’s work to achieve Program objectives
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work in a modern, exible, management team
THIS ROLE IS CLOSING ON WEDNESDAY MIDNIGHT. APPLY NOW!!!!