- 3+ month contract based in Parramatta, extension highly likely
- government role
- experience in security project management is a must
Our client, government department based in Parramatta currently seeks a Security manager for project management work connected with surveillance systems. This role will require some travel in NSW.
The Security Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and managing electronic and building related security programs to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and effective management of security related risk.
• Design and project manage the implementation of highly effective electronic security systems including camera, access and perimeter systems to provide a whole-of- organisation property related security infrastructure.
• Implement security programs and assist in the development of policy in consultation with appropriate authorities to provide a continuously secure working environment with minimal disruption to court facilities.
• Participate on Security Operation Committee and provide expert advice, reports and recommendations in security matters to the committee to ensure that members have all relevant information.
• Establish security standards and system specifications and develop security policies and management plan to provide a comprehensive framework for security compliance strategies and programs that addresses sensitive issues unique to NSW courts system to ensure the compliance with facility security standards.
• Review the performance of the security control rooms, electronic alarm transmission protocols, and alarm response and contracted guard and patrol services to develop equipment upgrade and improvement programs.
• Provide expert technical advice regarding security issues to support informed decision making and effective integration of security within facility management programs.
Rate: up to $700/d + superannuation (negotiable)
This is a contract role initially for 3 month (due to different budgeting rules of our client) but is expected to extend.