- Gladesville based Infrastructure Project Manager role
- 6+ months contract
- Strong Infrastructure background necessary
Our client, a government agency with offices in Gladesville, is currently seeking a Project Manager for Infrastructure projects (contract initially for 6 months).
This will be an onsite role where you will drive the end to end management of 3 infrastructure projects covering the deliverables, financials, assessing the risk, managing resources and tracking the projects key milestones.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to working on a multiple of different project types in the infrastructure space withing large government environment. With new projects in the pipeline, extension is highly likely.
- Managing activities of medium complexity projects (currently full responsibility for 3 of those) or stages of a project
- Interface with the Customer for issue resolution, status updates and project activities
- Proactive management of project risks and issues throughout the delivery life cycle including conducting formal risk assessments
- Ensure project objectives are met by monitoring and measuring project progress against the baseline and identifying variances so that corrective action is taken
- Manages the project Profit & Loss, budget, monitoring all costs and providing current and forecast reports for revenues, costs and invoices
- Perform Project Assurance such as planned project audits and implement effective quality assurance and control procedures to ensure the project quality objectives are met
- Ensure project planning activities are completed such that the project requirements, scope, deliverables and acceptance criteria are clearly defined, documented and agreed with the customer
- Establish and maintain up to date work breakdown structures, project plans, schedules and progress measurements with reference to the project baseline
- Work closely with stakeholders - excellent communication skills are important
- 5+ years IT Infrastructure project management experience, preferably in large complex environment
- Experience in the end to end delivery of IT Infrastructure projects
- Proven proficiency in management of projects with medium complexity
- Preferably certification: PMP or PRINCE2
- Demonstrated experience with a project management methodology is a must
- Experience in building effective relationships with often difficult stakeholders
- Ability to manage and lead a small team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines - timely delivery is a key
Rate: $700-$800/day + superannuation (with some flexibility)
THIS ROLE HAS NOW BEEN PUT ON HOLD DUE TO LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST IN COOPERATING WITH BSI PEOPLE!