- Global IT Company
- Troubleshooter required
As a very experienced Network Design Engineer, you will be able to analyze complex local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. Our client is a house hold name and they expect the best.
Brief list of expectations:
- You will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Some assignments will be self-initiated.
- You’ll be able to develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- On occasion, you will serve as the organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Act as advisor to management on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Security clearance required (or easily obtained)
Some Key Qualifications
- Expert knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation
- Has achieved industry standard certifications, e.g.: Security+, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA
- Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications as required
Some Key Responsibilities
- Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
- Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability.
- Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
- Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Evaluates a system’s performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
Our client needs to fill this ASAP, so for a full JD, please apply now. Only Melbourne based residents will be responded to.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Please apply with a Word copy of your CV.