- National role
- International market leader
- Key, strategic position
Our client is an international leader in providing next generation telecommunications networks and infrastructure. The company develops innovative and customised products, services and solutions for local and international carriers and service providers.
They are currently looking for an experienced EHS Manager. The position involves developing and implementing systems to ensure a safe working environment for employees and sub-contractors, including system maintenance, business operation, internal and external audit and continuous improvement for Field Projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain consistent systems and documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
- Conduct environmental health and safety inspections and audits so that gaps or shortfalls are identified, timely improvement plans implemented and compliance and or savings are achieved
- Maintain and develop Corporate safety policy and all related systems and programs
- Develop ISO9001 accreditation system across the National organisation
- Responsible for annual OHS18001:2007, AS/NZS 4801:2001 accreditation audit
- Establish a training/EHS induction program for all employees
- Coordinate and conduct project safety audit activities as per project manager’s request
- Lead EHS Compliance target to meet Corporate board compliance target
- Chair bi-monthly EHS committee forum
- Participate in subcontractor qualification audits and workplace inspections
- Lead Incident investigations & root cause analysis
- Assist with tender responses in regards to EHS compliance
- Consolidate monthly Delivery & Service project EHS reports
- Provide system/process development support to management
- Maintain consistency of documents / processes and principle incident investigations
Ideal candidates will have:
- Significant experience in the management and ongoing development of EHS systems within the Australian workplace.
- Experience within the Telecommunications Infrastructure, Construction, Urban Infrastructure or similar industries.
- Practical experience in formulating and implementing safety processes and initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication
- Leadership skills with ability to influence decision making
- Strong people management skills
- Relevant tertiary HSE qualifications
- Knowledge of Australian Commonwealth, State and Territory OH&S Legislation, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice