- 12 month contract + 2 x extension likely
- ASAP start
- Good pay
Our client is a large government agency based in Canberra.
Automation Engineer will support business orchestration and technical provisioning through Ansible, Ansible Tower, Cloudforms and GIT. Current work flow processes need to be managed and changed. This also requires and understanding of business logic and a method to integrate and automate these processes.
The position requires:
5+ years’ experience in designing, building and deploying scalable ICT systems.
Desirable understanding of Cloud technologies and Orchestration.
Desirable understanding of Service Management tools
An understanding of Converged Infrastructure
Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies such as but not limited to: Ansible, and GIT, Virtualisation, OpenStack and Automation.
Demonstrated understanding in Windows and Linux O/s, Storage, Networking and Virtualisation Technologies.
Demonstrated understanding of Cloud infrastructure concepts.
1. Demonstrated experience in the management of large Enterprises ICT systems.
2. Minimum of 5 years extensive experience in IT System Administration including design and development, maintenance, support and resolution.
3. Negative Vetting level 1 Security Clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
1. Ability to follow change control procedures, mentor staff and document all aspects of the development and implementation of systems.
2. Resilient with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
3. Ability to transfer knowledge to team members.
4. Demonstrated understanding and experience in Large Enterprise highly available Standard Operating Environments.
5. Experience in highly available environments and monitoring solutions.
6. Demonstrated experience managing Solaris environments for Websphere workloads.
7. Availability to work under flexible and varying working hours including but not limited to occasional days up to 12 hours, working evenings and weekends.
ALL Contractors engaged through this process must have a MANDATORY Standard Criminal History Check via Crimtrac and hold, or have the ability to obtain, a Negative Vetting Level One as a minimum with the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) - i.e.YOU MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN!!!
Initial contract term: 12 months + 2x likely extension