Our client is the
- Listed 10/1/23
- NSW Other
- Contract or Temp
Department of Defence.Working arrangements
Successful candidates will normally work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). All roles are Canberra based, however interstate candidates are encouraged to apply, and will be considered. The Agency will consider and negotiate offsite (work from anywhere) working arrangements on a case by case basis.
Where an offsite working arrangement is agreed, successful candidates will be required to:
- Attend the Agency’s Canberra Office for the first week of their engagement to undertake compulsory training and to meet team members and various Agency personnel.
- Travel to Canberra at least once per month for a minimum of 4 working days for key stakeholder, team, and organisational events. Where the candidate is interstate based please provide the candidate’s interstate location in their resume.
The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) leads the Australian Government’s efforts to improve cyber security. We are part of the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) and our role is to help make Australia the most secure place to connect online. ASD has an ongoing requirement for a Security Engineer to work in support of carious Cyber projects within an integrated workforce. As a Security Engineer, you will play a major role ensuring the Agency’s security systems up and running. This will involve implementing and testing new security features, planning and implementing upgrades, as well as troubleshooting and responding to security incidents.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- responding to, and documenting, any security threats, resolve technical faults and allocate resources to deliver real solutions in a cost-effective way
- Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security
- Documenting security certifications
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organisation.
- Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions.
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
Estimated start date
- understanding of complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- understanding of security threat vectors and intelligence
- knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems.
Wednesday, 01 February 2023 Initial contract duration
12 months Extension term
12 months Number of extensions
2 Location of work
ACT, Offsite Security clearance
Must have Negative Vetting Level 1