- Listed 20/11/23
- Contract or Temp
Based in Canberra
Start early January 2024. Duration
12 months with 2x 12month extension options. Security Clearance
Negative Vetting Level 1 minimum with ability to upgrade to Negative Vetting 2 Security Clearance Overview
The Linux Administrator is responsible for the systems design, configuration, documentation, operation and support of Linux systems managed by Joint Collective Training Branch (JCTB). Specific Criteria
The following specific criteria apply to this position:
- Hold appropriate qualifications in an IT related discipline with a background of system administration in an UNIX/Linux Windows Server computer operating, network environment.
- 5+ years industry IT experience, relevant military experience or combination of the two. Alternatively, Tertiary Degree or Vocational qualifications in a closely related discipline.
- Will understand the principles of service design and have experience in ITIL service management practices and the ITIL service design model. The Linux Administrator will have an understanding of PRINCE2 or Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) project management methodologies.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer qualifications and experience with manipulation of SQL/MYSQL, MSSQL or Oracle databases, a thorough understanding of developing and managing database technologies and developing code in a network environment;
- Experience in administering Windows Desktop and server environments and managing virtualized environments;
- The ability to work supervised, assist in the delivery of structured training programmes, and deliver complex work Support Requirements; and deploy on military exercises and display personal and professional skills and ability to liaise with other areas of Defence.
Must be an Australian Citizen
To register interest and find out more (complete JD), please send your CV (in Word format only)
to the following link below.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.