GM Sales - Federal Government
- Listed 10/1/23
- Permanent / Full Time
Our client is one of Australia's leading Suppliers of IT Security and Communication solutions and services. Approved by the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) they provide Australian Government agencies with secure and reliable internet gateway and cloud services. They have a solid reputation and an impressive product list.
The Sales GM has direct accountability for new business sales the Government BU – within all Government agencies. The purpose of this position is to develop and deliver on Government sales strategy, in addition to achieving targets through selecting and developing to high calibre team members. This is an opportunity for an experienced manager to build a plan and a team to drive success. We are looking for an entrepreneurial creator & builder, and an individual who thrives in a sales leadership role.
You will have a hands on leadership approach, and be able to operate in a dynamic environment.Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Leadership Team to develop Govt sales strategy
- Work with to deliver on agreed approach
- Engage and motivate direct reports and wider team (through state leads) to deliver on account / prospect plans across all Government accounts
- Drive sales activity to ensure targets are achieved and effective movement through pipeline to achieve sales
- Ensure appropriate standards in all customer interactions to maintain margin, return and positive internal and external relationships
- Act as escalation point for customer and prospect issues and take ownership of problem resolution
- Partner with the operations team to ensure customer outcomes are achieved
- Work with team members to develop their skills growth and to create career progression opportunities
- Proven track record in IT services sales or telecom sales to Government
- Similar senior leadership experience in fast paced technology organisation
- Proven track record in coaching, mentoring, supporting, empowering and motivating a sales team
- Ability to build a thriving, high performing team that can consistently achieve and outperform targets
- Experience working cross functionally with product, support, finance, sourcing to accelerate and win deals
This is a great opportunity to further your career in an organisation at the forefront of today’s technology.
To apply online click on the appropriate link. Please apply with a Word copy of your CV. Alternatively contact Rob Pierce on email@example.com