Director - Business Engagement
Director - Business Engagement RFQ ID
- Listed 17/5/23
- Contract or Temp
DM-18850 RFQ closing date
Monday, 22 May 2023 • 11:59pm, Canberra time (or once all sellers have responded) Client:
Australian Trade and Investment Commission Requirements
The Director/Manager - Business Engagement role is a manager role within the Simplified Trade System (STS) Taskforce. Under limited direction, the duties or this role include, but are not limited to:
- Displaying leadership and people management skills by:
- Assigning clear roles and responsibilities for team members on every project (to ensure optimum team effectiveness for projects of different size and complexity).
- Identifying areas for further development of team members and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Recognising and rewarding good performance.
- Providing staff within their team and across other Branch project staff with ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Promoting the Branch values and culture by collaborating with other Project Team Leads; and
- Facilitating a collaborative approach to identifying and managing project issues and risks.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders to ensure team KPI’s and organisational outcomes are achieved by:
- Fostering a co-operative approach with the Taskforce Executive and other team leads, Austrade stakeholders and interdepartmental stakeholders, leading to a project outcome which meets organisational needs.
- Providing progress reports to the Taskforce Executive on progress against the team plans.
- Managing stakeholder expectations; and
- Engaging the Stakeholders in resolution of emerging issues and risks.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the development and delivery of team outcomes with a focus on best practice and continual improvement:
- Ensure team activities are planned, documented, actioned and completed within agreed timeframes and quality standards.
Estimated start date
- Manage project deliverables across agencies, ensuring compliance with governance and quality protocols, to successfully deliver Secretariat milestones and outcomes.
Tuesday, 30 May 2023 Initial contract duration
6 months - 22 Dec 2023 Extension term details
Austrade may extend the term of the work order for a further period (or periods) of up to 30 June 2024, which may be taken in whole or part, and in any number of combinations of time periods. Location of work
ACT, Offsite Working arrangements
Canberra is the preferred site. Austrade has 3 days a week working in the office and 2 days working from home policy. Security clearance
Must have Baseline Criteria Essential criteria 1.
Demonstrated experience working as a Business Engagement Manager, ideally within government. 2.
Proven ability to deliver requirements and aligns with organisational constraints of multiple agencies/entities. 3.
Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology. 4.
Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships. Desirable criteria 1.
Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field. What to submit As per client instructions, you MUST include:
Without all the above, we cannot load your application into the client’s portal!
- start date or availability/notice period
- desired hourly rate and state either ABN or PAYG
- responses to selection criteria – max 500 words per criteria
- resumés – word format only
- references x 2 (no need for contact details – name/title/company)
If you would like some notes on “what is the best way” to submit your application, please send me an email asking for “how best to apply document”