Cloud Engineer 16965
- Listed 10/1/23
- Contract or Temp
The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) leads the Australian Government’s efforts to improve cyber security. We are part of the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) and our role is to help make Australia the most secure place to connect online.
ASD has an ongoing requirement for a Cloud Engineer to work in support of various Cyber projects within an integrated workforce.
Cloud Engineers will design, configure, implement, and maintain cloud-based systems for the organisation.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Configure and verify cloud-applications,
- Migrate existing on-premise applications to the cloud,
- Deploy and manage an appropriate testing framework to meet the test mandate,
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders, creating and maintaining strong relationships and work closely with extant platform team adding value across the organisation through the deployment of cloud solutions, and
- Collaborate with project managers and business analysts across plan and design phases as well as external vendors and customer stakeholders.
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
- More than 4 years experience in a Cloud Engineer or similar role;
- Experience working within a DevOps or Agile environment to deliver projects, cloud based capability and service catalogue defined ICT services;
- Relevant technical certification such as Cloud Certification, Cisco UCS, AWS, MICROSOFT or ITL certification;
- managing core Microsoft infrastructure including Azure, Windows Servers, Cisco UCS hardware, VMware and Commvault backup technologies, Cloud Platforms and Active Directory in public, private or hybrid cloud environments.
All candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance to apply. Please provide the candidate’s AGSVA Clearance Subject (CS) ID in their resume.
FOR INFORMATION: This role requires the successful candidate to complete an Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) within 12 months of engagement.
An OSA is an ASD policy requirement (ASD-POL-014) for contractors who will be engaged for a period in excess of 12 months. OSA’s are conducted to determine a person’s suitability to work in ASD. Before submitting an application for this role, the candidate should consider their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record. Initial contract duration
12 months Extension term
12 months Number of extensions
2 Location of work
ACT, Offsite Working arrangements
Successful candidates will normally work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). All roles for this RFQ are Canberra based, however interstate candidates are encouraged to apply, and will be considered. The Agency will consider and negotiate remote (work from anywhere) working arrangements on a case by case basis. Where a remote working arrangement is agreed, successful candidates will be required to: • Attend the Agency’s Canberra Office for the first week of their engagement to undertake compulsory training and to meet team members and various Agency personnel. • Travel to Canberra at least once per month for a minimum of 4 working days for key stakeholder, team, and organisational events. Where the candidate is interstate based please provide the candidate’s interstate location in their resume. Security clearance
Must have Negative Vetting Level 1 Criteria Essential criteria 1.
Relevant technical certification such as Cloud Certification, Cisco UCS, AWS, MICROSOFT or ITL certification. 2.
More than 4 years experience in a Cloud Engineer or similar role managing core Microsoft infrastructure including Azure, Windows Servers, Cisco UCS hardware, VMware and Commvault backup technologies, Cloud Platforms and Active Directory in public, private or hybrid cloud environments. 3.
Experience working within a DevOps or Agile environment to deliver projects, cloud based capability and service catalogue defined ICT services. 4.
Proven communication and self-management skills in an ICT technical role including: • Able to identify and engage effectively with stakeholders, • maintains mutually beneficial relationships, and • works collaboratively and collegiately sharing knowledge and ideas • has a strong sense of initiative, self organisation and ability to self-start • proven ability to work as a productive member of a team, and • strong time management. Desirable criteria 1.
Ability to analyse and recommend solutions to technical incidents and problems in a timely manner. 2.
SAFe Agile delivery experience. What to submit For each application, we must the following as instructed by the client:
Please contact me in relation to HOW to apply.
- Notice period and or start date
- Your hourly rate and whether you are ABN or PAYG
- responses to selection criteria – max 500 words per criteria
- resumés – word format
- references x 2